Please note: A guide is attached.
Hubs and Cables - in some locations you will need to bring your own USB C cable and USB Hub. We always advise to bring your own cables.
There are a few steps to take in order to set up for your session:
1. Make sure you are running the latest operating system on your computer. Connect your Laptop/Macbook to the USB Hub.
2. Power on 4-way Extension cable to the bottom right of desk.
3. Before opening up your DAW (e.g. Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton etc): open a web browser and visit www.Focusrite.com to download Focusrite Control (please do this and the following steps prior to your session)
4. Click on Downloads
5. Select Interface model: Clarett 4Pre or Scarlett 18i8 and download the latest Focusrite Control software for either Mac or Windows.
6. Follow the installation procedures for Focusrite Control software (you may be asked to restart your computer).
7. Once computer has restarted: open Focusrite Control, it may ask you to do a firmware update, click update now.
8. It will now ask you what kind of audio setup you require. Please select ‘System Playback’ from the menu. This will allow you to control and monitor entirely through your DAW meaning you won’t have to use the Focusrite Control software from this point on. You can now open your DAW and begin recording!
We hope you have a great session and please remember to switch off the 4-way extension cable before you leave, thank you!